Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Indestructable Shoe

My very own trendy little canvas shoe was the inspiration for creating
a soft-soled shoe with toes that would withstand the test of crawlers. It seemed quite obvious that some sort of "scuff guard" is necessary to extend the life of any shoe, especially that of a crawler!

So I began to research materials that would be soft and flexible, yet durable enough to with stand even the roughest pavement. I wasn't sure what I was looking for. I'd never actually made a soft-soled shoe before. In fact my sewing skills were all together sub par, but I was determined to find something that would work.

After dozen packages of sewing needles, 11 pattern revisions, and 40 pairs of shoes later. I knew I had found the solution. I had found the shoe I was looking for. Rowan, my daughter, was to be my very first product tester. At the tender age of six months she began wearing a single pair of shoes continuously. Regardless of the color or style of clothing, she wore the same pair of shoes for nearly six months. They made it! They survived 6 full months, 4 months of it were crawling, indoors and out. They did show some wear, but were definitely in good-enough-for-hand-me-down condition.

Machine washable (and dryable), durable, and fashionable. Available in as many colors and prints as there are fabrics. Anyone can find the shoe that is right for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment